Your wedding will be one of the most exciting days of your life, and probably the biggest and the most important event you will ever plan. There are so many details to take care of; from the initial engagement party right through to the last dance at the reception. It is essential to get organized with an outline of tasks.
- Choose a date. Remember to consider weather conditions, holidays, and prior obligations you or any of your most important guests may have.
- Compose a realistic budget and stick to it. The current average cost of a wedding in the United States is close to $30,000. You may able to afford more or less, but either way it is important to keep spending in check.
- Find a venue for both the ceremony and reception. Your selection may be based on ambience, convenience or sentimental reasons. Keep in mind that popular locations can be booked months ahead of time.
- Notify the friends and family members you’ve chosen to be in your wedding party. Remember that serving as a bridesmaid or groomsman is a big commitment of time and money, so be considerate.
- Buy a dress. Explore your options but don’t get overwhelmed by differing opinions. Be true to your tastes and go with your instincts.
- Don’t forget your husband’s tuxedo!
- Contact local vendors to arrange details such as flowers, live music, disc jockey, table settings, linens, centerpieces, lighting, programs, hors devours, cocktails, dinner menu, hair and makeup, jewelry, wedding cake, guest favors, ceremony officiants, photographer and videographer.
- Select rings. You’ll be wearing it for the rest of your life, so make sure it is comfortable.
- Create the guest list. Mail save the date cards four months before the wedding and formal invitations two months after that.
- Plan your honeymoon. Many people choose a tropical beach destination, but you should go any place where you and your new husband can relax, have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
Unless you have unlimited time and money, you are probably going to need some assistance in planning your big day. Enlist the help of friends and family, and take advantage of online wedding service databases.
Whether you live in the North Pole or in Phoenix, Arizona, wedding professionals who specialize in your area can help you plan the memorable event you’ve always dreamed of.